Friday, March 30, 2012

What I have been loving recently...

Whenever I travel, wherever I go, the first thing I check is the famous restaurants in town and the local markets around. It doesn't matter if I am going to Las Vegas or Vermont; my mind functions the same.

When I went to Ida Grove, Iowa (population 2350!) two years ago, I was imagining myself in an episode of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Well... It ended up very differently... I spent 48 hours with no cell reception in a Super 8 room with my mom. There were no signs of the amazing roadside eateries that I dreamt of.

But this year, I had a lovely skiing trip to Utah for my birthday. I was really excited for the skiing part, but I was beyond excited to get some taste of the local flavors of Utah. I have heard so much about the artisanal food purveyors in Utah from cheese-makers to beer crafters -- and anything locally special wins my heart. Straight from the airport we found a Whole Foods in Park City. 

I discovered Justin's Peanut Butter there. How genius is small-pack PB? And what kind of a coincidence that we found each other in a ski town? So meant to be...





 
 
Maple Almond and Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors are our favorites with my brother. And Justin's is available pretty much everywhere now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
Skinny Crisps: I am so addicted to these crackers I order them in bulk to New York every week. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and low-sugar.

 
 
 
                                                                    





And finally a 100% Utah product: Wasatch Beer!
Utah state law allows only %4 alcohol by volume, so these beers were light, easy to drink and delicious! We got a party sampler pack to try all of them, "amber ale" is perfect after a long day on the slopes. Wasatch Brewery also has a Brew pub in downtown Park City for their draft beers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I cannot wait to go again next year...
 
 



 
 
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment